Friday, June 22, 2012

THE SPIRITS I WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN


The Old Lady
Tigger and I played after school and on weekends.  While at Tiggers, I saw the old lady.  She seemed to spend most of her time in the back dinning/family room.  I would see her pass by the door that led to the rest of the house.  She never crossed the threshold, never spoke to anyone and carried on as though we weren’t there.  She always wore the same black dress and shoes.  None of Tigger’s family members claimed to know her.  Tigger indicated that I was seeing the old lady that lived at her house.   I guess we were the intruders.  Regardless, I felt comfortable in her presence.  I just saw my first spirit, my first of many to come. 
Danda
Danda (my grandfather) was eighty eight and blind when I was born.  He lived with us until his health declined, at which point he spent holidays and some weekends with us.  I rarely saw him but I knew he loved me!  I enjoyed watching television with him.  The fact he was blind never interfered with us watching tv together.  Danda passed away when I was ten.  One weekend while watching television, I felt an energy that filled the room.  Upon looking towards the opposite sofa, there sat Danda.  He looked the same.  He was wearing his red flannel shirt.  This was somewhat overwhelming and scary to me.  There was no doubt in my mind he was dead.  I tried to get up and run but I felt something holding me back.  I was unable to move.  My body was thrust forward once he disappeared.  And then…..I ran!
Different Never to be the Same
On occasion I would see the old lady.  She was somewhat like the others that lived at Tiggers, with the exception that she didn’t interact with anyone.  Danda, now that was a different story.  I have never seen him again.  Somewhere after this time, things changed for me.  I no longer saw spirits as I saw the old lady and Danda.  I began to see them in a much different manner!


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more you have me hooked!!
    Love love your story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, wonderful story, by the way, you write very very well.

    ReplyDelete